Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Ya Ya' Girls Invade Tennessee

Stef has been away from Tennessee for several years now, and had a desire to go back and see her friends and relatives. When she told me this, she said that she had planned a month's stay there I was a little shocked. Now, little did I know that the plans she made involved several real cool events - AND -  included the Costa Rica Ya' Ya' girls meeting her there for some fun times. Oh God, do you know what that means? An invasion on Tennessee that those town-folk in Nashville are not used to. I immediately emailed my friends there and told them to batten down the hatches because they didn't know what they were in for. (in the picture) Karolyn - CR, Guess who - CR, Kathy - CR, and Carol from TN who is going to have to put up with these girls.

I had no interest in going back to the States because with all that is going on there, I get depressed. In addition, someone had to stay here and take care of things while she was gone. Besides, it would give me a chance to relax a bit, but that never happened.  Because I do not have any idea of how to cook, Stef took several days and made me about a month's worth of food, which she put in the freezer for me. I do know how to microwave things :-).

The itinerary that she put together was pretty intensive:

  • Meet with her twin sister Denise whom she hasn't seen in a few years.
  • Get together with some of our friends in Nashville.
  • Meet the Ya' Ya's and go to Gatlenburg for a few days at Charlie's mountain resort
  • Go on the annual Fall Cruise at Center Hill Lake near Nashville and raise hell. (we were the founders of this event in 1993 - there were 3 boats involved - She said there were over 100 boats this year)
  • Back to Nashville and see some more friends.
To put this all into one post would make it a book, so I decided to break it up into events on several posts. - Stage 1 is about to come - Stay with us, or her should I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment