Thursday, May 13, 2010

Somebody Had a Birthday

 "Pistol" is a nickname that was given to me years ago

Well, I guess that I can say I made it another year in this crazy world. Thank God we are in Costa Rica and away from the hustle & bustle of the north. Anyway, Stef got this idea to take me out to dinner at one of my favorite resturants with a couple of friends. Little did I know that she invited many other of my friends. I really enjoyed this night with these people because they are all very special to me. Especially - my lovely wife Stef. She got going with the camera so I will have to describe who these crazy people are:

This is Don & Elaine - they are a great couple from Canada whom we are fortunate to call our neighbors and friends. They built a guest house, garage and pool here in Hacienda Atenas and plan to build the main house when they retire in a couple of years.









Graham and Mary here - Graham is from Ireland and Mary is from South Africa. Mary is also Stef's art teacher, and has taught her well. They have recently built a beautiful home in the country and are seriously into gardening.






Well, I have to tell you - from left to right - you have Ken who moved here from the Northeast, then you have Ursula who is German and happens to be married to the crazy guy on the right. His name is Robin, and we have become very close friends. Robin is a bio-chemist who is starting a new venture in Costa Rica that will provide many benefits for those in the USA. - In addition, these two guys are on the BOD for Hacienda Atenas and try to keep all of us in line - they have a little problem with this guy, but they still like me.



It's obvious that these two are having fun. These crazy people are Ed & Johanna from CT - We spent 10 days last year on their yacht. Ed is retired NYFD and Jo is a retired divorce attorney. They are a great couple and we love them dearly.







Another great couple is Carolyn & Dennis. They are from Colorado and living here full-time. Carolyn is one of the key members of the group The Ya' Ya' girls. Yes, Stef is also a member - they are into cards every Friday, which gives me and Dennis some free time :-)








Now this is a little deceiving - This is Dan, our new friend and neighbor and our friend Lee. Dan just moved here from Texas and built a beautiful new home here in Hacienda Atenas. Lee is a little worked up because his wife Cathy has been in the USA for 2 weeks, but she will be home in a day or two. For my TN friends it is important to know that Lee played football for The BIG ORANGE UT and also did some coaching there.



This is a great Costa Rican couple - Luis and Mercedes - They have become good friends with Stef and me. Luis is the guy who saved my ass on the construction of the guest house after Pedro bailed out. He also did the same thing on the houses that my friend Charlie was building -  Now, he is building a house for my friend Keith Bell. Besides keeping Luis in line - Mercedes is a godsend in helping us with many things. She also takes care of the finances for Luis's business - In other words - she is the gal I give all the money to at the end of the week.


Here we have the Guanacaste guys. On the left is Marco who is the owner and then we have Manuel on the right. He had a pretty big crush on Amanda and even told some people that I was his future father in law - Fat chance of that Manuel
Guess who this very happy couple is? Yep, you got it - the birthday boy and his lovely wife Stef. We had a great time with these wonderful people and I am thankful that I made it another year. Stef liked that too. Hee Hee








Some Birthday Cards I received

This one was custom hand-made by Ed & Jo. Probably one of the most creative I have ever received. Then, below, you will see one from everyone at the party.

Yes, it was indeed a great night for me - Thank you everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment